Tuesday, May 13, 2008

5/10 - Mel's Crow's Nest

Well, it was definitely animal print day. On the way to the gig we saw a leopard print motorcycle (honest). Once we got to the gig, there was a woman sitting at the bar with a purse of patchwork animal print, another woman sitting in a booth had a zebra print purse, the hostess was wearing a leopard print top and oh yeah, and so was I. Geesh. And let's not forget my animal print rug.

As we were carrying the equipment in, I noticed a sign in the parking lot ~ "Harley parking only. All others will be crushed." That kinda cracked me up a bit.

After all the equipment was set up, Mudcat and I went outside and sat by the fire ring. However, there was no fire in it at the time. We didn't care. We sat there staring into it, which
made for interesting looks and/or comments from passersby.

The place was pretty hoppin' and everyone there was very nice to us.

The cutest little girl was on the deck just on the other side of the wall-o-window from where we were set up. She was running back and forth (made me tired watching, so I'm counting that as exercise) and with each step she took, her little shoes lit up. Why don't those shoes come in adult sizes? I really wanted a pair. When she finally got tired or bored, she stopped running and stood at the window watching us. Then she put her face against the glass and smooshed her nose all up. It sort of made me feel like we were an attraction at the zoo (please feed the animals), but anyway when we were done with our song she started jumping up and down, clapping. Now that's what I call a positive response!

And we had a brief moment of "Aqua Man meets the Polka King".

Other than that, I got nothin'.

No comments: