Tuesday, August 19, 2008

8/16 – Larchmania

WHAT FUN!!!


This was a private block party - their 2nd annual. This year it was actually more like a street party than a block party. Unless you went to one block and partied, and then went to the next block. It could be a progressive block party. Is that what it would be if Progressive insurance merged with H&R Block and had a celebration? Maybe not.

All the neighbors were being neighborly and the little kids were riding their bikes and/or having water balloon fights, couples were walking hand in hand down the sidewalk. It was all oh so too very picturesque, so I called it our Mayberry gig.

But that name changed when the 2 girls who were feeling no pain from their barley sodas started dancing in the street. They were nice drunks and they were having fun. Isn’t that what it’s all about? Oh no, wait that’s the hokey pokey.

Chase made his gig debut! Welcome. He did a great job and I believe he had fun as well. What a concept…

He and I were dessert judges during our break. We both took that job quite seriously. As Chase put it, “butter and cake…my 2 favorite foods”. He’s wise beyond his years. And yes, we were called Paula and Simon.

I got my very first autograph request, even though it was from a pre-schooler. He asked me for my “autograft” and lifted up his shirt for me to sign his back. I was pretty sure that his mom would not appreciate my writing on her son, so after some discussion, he and I decided that his bike helmet would be a much better place for me to sign. So, I did.

We were invited back for next year, so I that’s a way good thing. We’re looking forward to it!

No comments: