Monday, May 3, 2010

5/1 - Mojo's Coffee House

WE MISS YOU, BETTY! Please get better and stay better (although you're already better than most!).

It was all quiet on the western front, so we invented a new, fun game...I'll call it "random requests". Played some songs that we haven't done in a while and a couple that we've never done.

Swan showed up to save us from ourselves and stayed for the duration.

The doors were open and our music lured a woman and her daughter away from their intended route to the DQ and into Mojo's. They saw us through to the end as well.

The little girl looked at my cast and asked me how I broke my arm. The exchange went something like this ~
Lola: I fell
Little Girl: Down the stairs?
Lola: No, just walking
Then the Little Girl was speechless...just the look of "how is that possible????" on her face.
As they were leaving, she told me that she would say a prayer for my arm. How sweet is that?

And speaking of little girls, an even littler/more little/less big girl and her dad were taking a walk and she dragged her dad over to the patio to look in the window at us. She was wearing a headband that looked like giant flower petals, which made her face the face of the flower. Too cute. She and I played a little game of peak-a-boo and wave exchange until her dad had enough and insisted they continue on their way.

Geeze-o-petes, almost forgot ~ Congratulations, Jake (I mean, Blind Lemon Ockuly) on your naked teeth!!!!!

No comments: