Sunday, January 6, 2008

1/4 - The Pump

Again with the locked doors (see New Year's Eve post). Third time's a charm, though. Finally found my way inside.

Then I had a wee bit of technical difficulty - the rubber earpiece of my ear buds flew off into oblivion. It's way too stressful to have your rubber shoot across the room and yet still be expected to perform. Mud gave me a spare set of ear buds to use until we took a break and then went in search of my rubber. Anno was convinced that my magic carpet is truly magical, that it made my earpiece disappear. It didn't. With Mud's handy dandy flashlight, he found the earpiece resting comfortably on the floor behind Anno.

C-Man, Anno, and Mudcat were oh so too very excited to discover the guitar hooks on the walls just waiting to hold their guitars. It's all documented on film. Stupid me thought they were coat hooks. Oopsie.

Here's another misperception by Lola: when C-Man came back from the bar with his sandwich and the carryall for the condiments, I thought the carryall was a six pack of beer. I really need to stop thinking. Luckily, I've chosen something that shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish!

We had some dancers, but they must have tuckered themselves out, because they went back to their table to chair dance. Oh well, at least they were enjoying themselves.

Never judge a book by it's cover (although I have read a lot of good books choosing them solely by their cover), or a man by his clothes. There was a big ole burly guy sitting at the bar sporting a well worn leather jacket and a derby hat. Now don't you picture him drinking whisky? Well, I did. Nope - white zinfandel. Go figure.

Oh, and let's not forget the "terrorist cell" shooting pool all night. Their under roos of choice was tightie whities. At least we were safe in the knowledge that their own personal cue balls were not free to roam about the cabin.

It's also been determined that Mudcat does not like SPAM and that Yahoo driving directions suck (and not in a good way).

1 comment:

Chloee said...

This is the third time that I have had to post this comment. Here goes, again!!!

You are a very funny girl!!! I forgot about the Zinfandel drinker. Thanks for the memories.