Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2/24 – AT Witz End

This place is a true biker bar, complete with bike tire skid marks on the floor (yes, inside).
We started out with just 2 people at the bar, but things picked up during the 3rd set. Everyone seemed to like us, so that was a plus.

Chase was our guest guitarist, and man-oh-jiminy-Christmas-balls can that kid play! He sat in for a few songs and he did a great job.

This place has an elevated stage and at first I didn’t like it, because it felt like we were too far removed from everyone. Then I realized that we were pretty much eye level with the big, big screen and the Godfather was playing, so I got to watch that for the 112th time. The smaller T.V.’s had NASCAR on them. I don’t get the appeal of that, unless there’s a crash. Of course I want a crash where no one gets hurt. It’s like watching figure skating and waiting for someone to fall.

But, the other reason that I was grateful for the elevated stage was when one of the “gentlemen” customers pulled up a chair and sat down directly in front of me and just stared up at me. It was a wee bit creepy, but don’t worry about me…I’ll be alright….

No comments: