Tuesday, March 18, 2008

3/17 - The Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

And it's Lola's 100th gig! Can you even believe it? Re-mark-able.

It was almost a marathon gig - 6 hours. The longest gig the boys have played is 7 hours, so I'm still catching up. But that's okay, 6 hours was more than enough. The cool thing is that we didn't repeat any songs.

We did one Irish song. Bobby McGee.

It was an interesting crowd. Started out young-ish and dunk-ish. Ended up being the after prom chaperones by the time we left. They still seemed to enjoy themselves and our music, so that was good.

Alex sat in with us for a couple of sets, even the Aqua Man set. It just can't be explained.

Peanuts made his appearance, breezed through (well as breezy as Peanuts gets) and was gone.

They fed and watered us, just like singing house plants. After we ate I was so full that I was a wee bit concerned that I might just drift off into a cat nap, but I managed to hold off on that until I hit the couch at home.

No comments: