Wednesday, February 4, 2009

1/30 - 3rd Base (it's a bar, that's not how far I let him get)

Betty and Bernie were there with their entourage. THANK YOU! I do believe that Betty is our official den mother, recording secretary, historian, lyrics finder, and all 'round good sport.

Jeff and Carrie were there, but were around the corner (no, not the bar in Lakewood) and they didn't even realize that we were the band until we took a break and I went to talk with them.

Swan was there to offer support and to regale us with her tales of meatloaf (apparently, it's not just for supper anymore).

Chloe made her appearance too, which was a most welcomed sight! And she allowed us to not miss a beat (no pun intended) with keeping us abreast (I said breast) of the conversations at the bar while we were in the midst of our sets.

There were a couple of guys at the bar who thanked us for taking them back..."but not too far back". You're welcome. I think.

Jake kicked ass on his guitar solos and I'm not the only one who thought so, based on all the applause from family, friends, and strangers.

If I didn't tell you in the last post (hey, I've slept since then and I have CRS ~ Can't Remember Shit) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAKE! Even if I did tell you, the sentiment is still the same.

The End

No comments: