Saturday, January 31, 2009

1/24 - Rider's Inn

Mudcat and I did a duo gig at Rider's. There's just not enough room for the 3 of us...barely enough for two. Oh yeah, and we got a parking space right up front. Coincidence? I think not.

There was quite an interesting mix of people and/or attire. We had everyone from the barely old enough to drink to the barely able to move about unattended. And the attire ranged from nicely dressed for an elegant dinner to the guy who's t-shirt probably covered his entire stomach about 50 lbs ago. But that's okay, they all liked us.

During the course of the gig, Elaine brought out some sort of wee animal for everyone to see, hold, and fawn over. It took a while to figure out that it was actually a cat. Well, Mudcat figured it out (maybe it has something to do with the name...), but I had to ask. I was actually considering that it might be a bear.

Anyway, turns out that this kitten was part of Samantha's 38th litter. Yeah, 38. I KNOW!
She is their house cat (Rider's is a B&B) and apparently quite active. Jill said that Samantha gets more action than most of the guests and probably has better stories.

About 15 minutes later, one of the guests came downstairs to get his room service tray-o-food (I'm thinkin' he's not completely clear on what room service actually means) and when he headed back up the stairs with tray in hand, Mud and I had to keep from laughing, thinking of Jill's comment.

Next on the scene is a border collie looking dog who decided that he needed to check out all the band equipment up close and personal. At least he didn't decide to mark our area his territory.

All I could think of is that we were getting a little too close to the Ghostbusters' "dogs and cats sleeping together" thing...sorry Jake, didn't mean to haunt you with the Ghostbusters reference. I crack my ownself up ~ haunt/Ghost...hey, I'm sure one of you is at least chuckling warmly.

Other than that, I got nothin'.

No comments: