Thursday, August 6, 2009

7/31 - Bootleggers

They have a way cool patio and there was even a stage for us! It overlooked a pond with a fountain and their golf course. And from where the stage was situated, we got to see the sunset while we played.

We had quite a gathering early on and a few parties ended up staying. I'm going to believe they stayed for us and not for the beer.

Later in the evening, there was a gathering of young pups to celebrate Monica's 22nd birthday. We sang our birthday song to her and repeated the "stand up and take a bow" verse and I guess she figured that we were going to keep singing it until she did it, so we only had to sing that verse twice. I was shocked and amazed that she and her friends were singing along to all the "oldies" and one of the girls even requested "Ring Of Fire".

One of the birthday girl's friends came up and asked me if we knew "Amos Mountain". I told her that I didn't know what song she meant and she said,"you know..." and then proceeded to sing "Amos mountain high enough...". I politely told her (and without laughing) that now I know what song she means, but we don't know it. I'll never be able to hear Diana Ross sing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" without singing it as "Amos Mountain". I guess it's her version of "there's a bathroom on the right" and "excuse me while I kiss this guy".

And speaking of requests...."Man Who Sold The World" was requested by yet another one of Monica's friends and since we were still Jakeless we couldn't do it. I told Mudcat that Jake will never believe us that someone requested his favorite song. Next gig we'll have Jake back. YEA!!!!!!


No comments: