Thursday, September 3, 2009

8/29 - Jackalope

Thanks to Rhoda and Rick for coming out to help us celebrate our 500th gig!

It was a slow start, but there was some sort of reunion party going on in the bar that spilled over and pretty much filled the patio area. They were still going strong when we were packing up to leave.

I was in the midst of a lovely summer cold, so I had all my items around me...Kleenex, cough drops, hot tea with honey, ice water with lemon. And I lived to tell the tale.

Jake was forced to sing (HA! HA!). Someone requested Pink Floyd and he's our PF guy.

The wind was constantly pulling the door open and banging it closed about 2 feet away from Mud and I think he may have lost his mind for a brief moment...but, not to worry ~ he's like a Boy Scout (always prepared) and fetched a bungee cord from the van to strap the door closed.

We look forward to being back at the Jackalope next summer (they don't have entertainment through the fall and winter months).

No comments: