Friday, September 10, 2010

8/27 - BW3, Medina

Once again, we're at a patio gig where everyone is inside. But after a bit, people started to figure it out as they headed in to begin their evening and requested to sit on the patio, so it worked out okay.


During one of the songs, I noticed a plane overhead and was thinking that it was Colonel Smoker, but neither Jake nor Mudcat payed it any mind (actually, it was because they didn't see him fly in), so I went back about my task of people watching while we sing. And it's a good thing that's what I do, otherwise I would have missed the show. People were looking up and pointing and when I looked up to see what they were pointing at, sure enough it was the Smoker giving us our own Private Idaho air show in the form of a smiley face. I really wanted to see "surrender Dorothy" in script across the sky, but nooooooooo.

Jim, Paula, and Deb came out to offer their support and Colonel Smoker joined them after he
hung up his plane at Medina Muni.

And once again, there was a class reunion there, but in the party room inside. One of the alumni came out for a smoke and somehow ended up right next to our support crew's table and engaged us in conversation. After he told us how his buddies from high school were putting their wives up to going up to him and asking if he remembered them and then being all offended when he didn't, Deb looked at him with a straight face and asked him if he remembered her. When he tried to give her the "haha, good one" response, she kept it up and almost had him convinced that she was one of his classmates.

Keeping that in mind, a couple hours later we're packed up and ready to leave (no, it doesn't take us that long to pack up, we were on a break....kinda like Ross & Rachel, but different and then did the second set), I decided to go mess with the guy one last time and walked up to him while he was chatting it up with a couple women. I said hi to the girls and then gave him a hug and acted all happy to see him and when he gave me the deer in the headlights look, I told him that I couldn't believe that he didn't remember me. Then the wheels started turning and he realized that he only had to remember me in hours, not years and gave me his "haha, good one" response.

People are fun to mess with, especially when they're drunk.


No comments: