Thursday, August 26, 2010

8/14 - The Pub

This was sort of a milestone gig, as it was the last gig before Jake goes off to be a pilot (congratulations on that!) and to air traffic control school. I tried to make him not go or at least lie to me and tell me that he wouldn't leave, but apparently that whiny shit only works on your dad when you're two. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't ever try it again.

He says that he'll be back every weekend, so I'm holding him to that. I do not like being Jakeless.

This was also our first (and hopefully last) gig with Pepe Le Pew making a guest appearance. He was either too little to have pewing ability or he just didn't care to waste it on us, either one being a good thing. Pepe wasn't just in the neighborhood, he was actually on the patio with us wandering around the edge and then meandering under some oblivious woman's chair. Luckily, this was all on the opposite end of the patio from where we were, but I'm thinkin' it wouldn't have mattered had he let loose. The thing that I couldn't understand was that pretty much everyone was leaning in to watch him rather than making a mad dash for the door.

Although Pepe was some fierce competition, I think we held our own with entertaining the masses, especially for the guy who cared more about hearing the blues than watching the skunk.

Some girls asked Mudcat to take their picture as we were packing the van and they were leaving, so he strategically moved back just enough to get the marque with Project Mojo on it in the background of their picture.

No comments: