Wednesday, July 1, 2009

6/27 - Jackalope



This time the back "wall" (folding glass doors) of the patio was open as well as both side garage type doors, but the weirdest thing was that it was stuffy in there even though we were technically outside. Maybe because the ceiling fan was off and the air was just stuck in there, maybe because the place was packed with an extra table added in so that we were only about 2 feet away from the person sitting at the front table. Whatever the reason, we were warm.


When we came back from our break, I asked one of the servers if she would have their music turned off so that we could start again. She made that happen, but it came back on after a couple songs into that set. Trying to do our music at the same time their music was playing completely unnerved me...I felt like I had to pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time, while holding a tambourine in one hand and the maracas in the other. So, I just stopped in the middle (actually didn't even make it to the middle) of "Gold Dust Woman". Because I was already way too warm and feeling way too closed in when the music competition started, I got cranky and that's not good for anybody. Apparently that server chick got a pretty good sense of my crankiness and she apologized profusely, then scurried off to remedy things before I snapped.

But we got to see the heron again (I'm choosing to believe that it's the same guy each time) and a lovely sunset. There were no broken guitar strings, and Jake's guitar and I remained separate from each other this time. And I got a new toy ~ a cabasa (not to be confused with a Polish sausage), which is quite a lot of fun! So, it wasn't a completely annoying gig after all.



No comments: