Friday, July 17, 2009

7/10 - Jackalope

Well, it was stuffy again. Not attitude stuffy, but temperature stuffy.

And this time I got to do the gig with bird poop on my back. Nice. Apparently, I leaned back into it on the swing at home before we left, but it wasn't noticed until after we got to the Jackalope. And yes, this time I was wearing white. Oh, well. There was a girl in the bathroom who did her best to try to wash it out for me.

Denny was in town for the weekend, so he had a new place to troll while we sang. He's quite the social butterfly. He finally settled himself at a table with a couple of women who actually didn't seem to mind his invasion. It was hard to keep track of him even from our perspective where we could see everyone.

Shortly after we began, I was looking out at the dock and noticed the mast of a particular sail boat swaying back and forth and I immediately looked around to see if Denny was missing. I spotted him, so it was someone else who was having fun.

There was a couple who was having fun, but not the same kinda fun as the people on that boat were having. These two were dancing and singing. They stayed up there for 3 or 4 songs. The guy got quite a kick out of Jake saying, "the salt, the salt" during "Margaritaville".

Oh yeah, and Jake played the slide tonight (not the slide in the play area, but the slide for his guitar). It was quite a treat!

Some boys came up and sang "I Don't Want To Fade Away" at the end of the evening. They were a show all by themselves (after a bazillion shots and some beer, who wouldn't be?).

No comments: