Wednesday, July 22, 2009

7/17 - Riders Inn

Every time we play at Riders it either rains or snows. This time was no exception (rain). So, we have yet to play on their beautiful patio.

Painesville had their Party In The Park event going on this weekend and apparently they were charging unbelievably high prices for food. One couple who was at the event, stopped in for some supper time treats and listened to us for a while before heading back down to the park.

We had a good time with the crew that was there ~

One girl who was there with her parents particularly liked "How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away", Mudcat's rendition of "Silver Wings" was a big hit with Karen, the bar goddess and a couple guys who were sitting at the bar did the lighter thing during "Hotel California", which made me feel like we were at Blossom doing a concert.

Mikey was a big fan too. Mikey is a Lhasa apso. Mudcat dedicated "Stray Cat Strut" to him and this dog actually looked up at Mud during the song and wagged his tail. Honest. I think that Mikey's person liked us too, even though we didn't know any of his requests.

And their resident cat, Sam (Samantha....the one with all the litters) decided that while we had the door propped open at the end of the gig would be a good time to sneak outside. I was coming back up the ramp to get more equipment when I saw her on the move and heard everyone inside yelling to get Sam, so I got into baseball player stance to catch a grounder...she was heading right for me and at the last minute, my feet slipped on the wet rug and I started to flip backwards. As I was realigning myself into an upright position, Sam took that opportunity to veer to the left and shot out between me and the door into the night. Wanna bet she has another litter?

No comments: