Monday, February 22, 2010

2/13 - The Mustard Seed

Yes, finally getting around to writing about the Valentine's Day Eve gig.

Well, being Jakeless made it way less interesting, but don't worry about me....I'll be alright.

With it being Valentine's Day Eve, obviously there were lots of couples, but there were also families, which sort of surprised me. One small family was a man with his little girl, so of course we used her name in the "Amy" song. Her name was Emma. In talking with Emma during our break, I was told that she liked my dress, her dad has 3 guitars, and that she liked my dress.

I also discovered that most of the songs I do are not very romantic AT ALL. Most of them are about good love gone bad or bad love gone worse. Very nice for Valentine's Day. But everyone was either fine with that or they were ignoring me and had no idea what I was singing. Probably the latter of the two.

So, if anyone has a romantic song suggestion, please let me know. Or I could just write one....

No comments: