Saturday, December 22, 2007

11/21 - The Harland

It's the winter solstice and it's a full moon. A Christmas full moon ~ ya gotta love that. Well, it's not official full-like until the 23rd, but of course I howled even though we couldn't see it, because the sky was so overcast. However, just for future reference a street light comes in handy as a replacement full moon. It also comes in handy when trying to put one over on your gullible friends (and succeeding in doing so).

We're also celebrating Festivus. I do believe that Mud won out in the airing of grievances and he and I might have tied in the feats of strength, although lifting a van is not quite the same as hefting a piano compared to another's piece of paper.

As for the actual gig, Greg sat in on the drums with us and I'm going to steal a line from my mom to describe it. "that's different". Enough said.

And we walked the dog on route 66. We're alright, don't worry about us. Crossing traffic was a wee bit tricky, but we survived.

Dancin' Charlie made his appearance, which made the night complete.

Patti, our beer goddess, is now hooked on chocolate covered Altoids and if you've never tried them you need to stop reading and go get some. You'll be hooked too.

Oh, I almost forgot the best part of all ~ it was the best Mojo Christmas! My new magic carpet is the way best EVER. It's leopard print and I love it. I couldn't stop looking at it through out the gig. My new friend, Bart even asked me what was up with it. I told him that it truly was magical and that just by standing on it made me sing better. Of course I lied. Well, only a partial lie. It is magical, and I really couldn't stop looking at it, but it didn't make me sing any better.

Oh well, it's always somethin'.

No comments: