Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12/8 - Mutt & Jeff's

Okay, I know it's Wed and the gig was on Sat, but get off my back. I'm quite sure that I got distracted by something shiny. Now, let's see what I can remember and considering the level of CRS I'm dealing with that should be quite a challenge.

The place sort of reminded me of the joint in the movie Thelma & Louise, but on a smaller scale and much less crowded (and with no rape or gunfire). So, I guess it was nothing like the bar in that movie.

We had some dancers, but they were actually "dancers". One of the two girls was vertically challenged and I'm not talking about her height. She spent a lot of time falling. And I guess these girls decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone when they realized that our music would be a great accompaniment to their aerobics. It was the first time I'd ever seen anyone do jumping jacks and cartwheels to our music. It kinda would have been oddly amusing if they'd done the jumping jacks while C-Man sang Jumpin' Jack Flash. Maybe that's where they got the idea.
Thankfully, there was no flashing to go with the jumping jacks.

There was Rob, who was mesmerized by Anno's bass playing abilities rather than being mesmerized by the chick he was there with. Hey, Anno's got it goin' on. It's really not his fault. Well, I'm sure it was his fault for something during the evening.

And then there was the guy who said that we were playing bluegrass and he liked salsa. Well, I like salsa too with some tortilla chips. Clearly, we were not the band for him.

That's pretty much it for this installment. Meet ya back here after Saturday's gig.

No comments: