Monday, June 16, 2008

6/12- Bar One

We played on a stage, but the only way to get to it was by a spiral staircase. I have enough trouble with those things just by my own self, let alone lugging band equipment. And we were about a c-hair away from the ceiling, so it was most unpleasantly warm. I drank almost an entire picture of water and then of course had to pee (I know, I know…TMI). Guess where the bathrooms were…yeah, downstairs. Down 19 very steep stairs and then back up 19 very steep stairs. Yes, I counted them. And then there was actually a step up to get to the bathroom once you got in the door. GEESH

Definitely counting this gig as exercise.

The patio was full for a while, but there were only a few people inside. It was pretty low key, except for Sarah, the bar goddess. Pretty darn sure that she was a cheer leader in high school.
During one of the sets, I kept noticing the same guy pacing back and forth on the sidewalk in front of the patio. Every now and then he’d stop, but he kept looking in at us. I couldn't figure out why he didn’t just come in. Then on one of his passes by (the last one), he was carrying a pizza box (I’m assuming there was a pizza inside). So, I guess that’s one way to kill time while you’re waiting for a pie.

Hey, that could be our new slogan…Project Mojo: a good way to kill time while you’re waiting for a pie. Think the boys will go for it?

No comments: