Monday, May 11, 2009

5/2 - Moonlite Tavern

This was our first time at the Moonlite and they liked us so much that they invited us back! That's such a good feeling. So, if you missed us on the 2nd, we'll be back on the 30th.

We had an actual stage to set up on. We like that. This one had mirrors all around it, which Jake was loving because he got to see his fingers workin' those strings from another person's perspective. I did not like the mirrors, because it reminded me of a work out room at the gym (well, from what I hear anyway) and I was a wee bit concerned that we were going to be the unwitting participants in a jazzercise routine. As it turned out, we weren't. Whew....

And Mudcat was loving the set up not so much for the mirrors, but for the flat screen TV pointed right at him so that he could watch the NASCAR race while we were playing. I like watching NASCAR for the pit crew and the wrecks (but only if no one is hurt...settle down).

Here's something you just don't see every day, at least not anymore ~ a pay phone on the wall.
There's something about a phone that has a receiver, a cord and is actually bigger than my thumb that I find comforting, not to mention that you have to stay in one place while you're using it. I really need to stop now, because I sound like I'm about to go into the rant of having to walk uphill both ways to school....barefoot...in the snow....and let me tell you, it was no picnic!

So, here's the thing I don't get ~ this guy was playing a video game of some sort, but before he started he pulled a chair over, stood on it and hung his keys from one of the ceiling beams. I thought maybe it was a safety feature that if he was too drunk to climb back up on the chair at the end of the night to retrieve his keys, then he would ask for the bartender to call him a cab (I've always wanted some poor drunk slob to ask me that so that I could say "okay, you're a cab". And yes, then I would call a cab to come and get them...geesh, I'm not that mean). Turns out that he just needed a place for his keys while playing the game. Here's an idea ~ how about your pants pocket, buddy?

No comments: