Friday, May 29, 2009

5/22 - Glenwillow Grille

Despite the Cavs requiring everyone's attention, we still pulled off a pretty good gig. Apparently Cavs fans can multi task, because they seemed to be paying attention to us as well (and not just during the commercials).

And here's a wee bit of history for you ~ the building that houses the Glenwillow Grille was the general store for Austin Powder. Not Austin Powers...Austin Powder (the gun powder guy).
Mike (the owner) was able to keep the original woodwork and the wood walls. I wonder if old Austin ever played the guitar out on the porch...

We made a new friend. Karla, with a K (she was very, very specific about that). I couldn't quite get the importance of our knowing how to spell her name. I almost felt obligated to write her a note. Almost.

And now I think I know why our Last Call friends are thusly named. It's not because they stick around until last call, it's because they don't get there until then. Lighten up Francis, I'm just yuckin'.











No comments: