Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8/23 - Rooster's

Played on the patio again and it was oh so too very warm. Who am I kidding, it was HKT hot. I have no idea what that means, but mom used to say it during the dog days of summer. All I know is that is was HOT.

And the humidity was at 1,000 percent so that made it all the more enjoyable. It was so humid, the air was almost liquid. To quote Owen, "the night was moist".

From our spot on the patio, we had a perfect view through the windows to all the people inside enjoying the AC action. Other than Chloe (our official MojoPhotoGrapher), there was 1 table of people on the patio. They toughed it out and stayed almost until the end. A couple of boys came outside and sat down for 2 or 3 songs during the last set and then went back inside to join the others and all the comforts of AC.

The only thing that got me through the evening was the deep fried macaroni and cheese. The boys and Chloe determined that I'm addicted to M&C. Hey, there could be worse things to be addicted to. At least with M&C I'm getting some of the basic food groups: dairy, whole grains (I'm pretending that the pasta wasn't made with processed, bleached white flour) and let's not forget the most important food group of all - grease. It's also a musical.

No comments: