Monday, August 6, 2007

8/3 - The Station

When I got there I noticed that C-Man had already made a new friend. Her name is Leah. She's 8 years old. He was teaching her one of the songs and she was just enamored with him.

Leah sang Can't By Me Love with us and played the maracas. I seriously thought about just packing my bag and leaving right then. This little chicklette was great! She hung with us for a while, playing the maracas and keeping us in line.

The cutest thing was when Mud was singing Kodachrome and he got to the line, "when I look back on all the crap I learned in high school", Leah's head snapped up to look at him with a horrified look on her face. When I realized that she thought he'd said something hugely bad and was going to get in trouble, I leaned over and whispered to her that it was okay, he sad "crap" instead of the real bad word. She was okay with that.

C-Man was the one for her, though. He remembered her cat's name (Biscuit) and talked to her about her cat and about life in general like she was a real grown up, not just a little kid and it made her feel so special. It was very sweet.

She even got paid for her gig! A whole dollar. Hopefully, we didn't violate any child labor laws.

This time around, we did have a couple dogs on the deck with us. A basset hound named Buford and a black lab named something I can't remember. The CRS kicked in, sorry. Buford was so very cute. The only way we could tell that he was happy was that his little tail was wagging. His face and eyes still had that sad basset hound look.

The trains didn't seem to be as bad as the last time. Of course they came at the most inopportune times. Once while C-Man was singing, he just mouthed the words until the train went by, which reminded me of the Little Rascal's episode where Alfalfa is giving a speech at the train station and each time the train would blow it's whistle, Alfalfa's words were drowned out, so of course it cracked me up.

Then when Mud was singing Driver 8, a train went by. I thought that was most appropriate.
I looked to see if the train was the number 8 train, but it wasn't. The driver may have been...

No comments: